My two horde characters: An Orc Shaman and an Orc Warrior

14.12.08

Gathering professions.

Lets be clear, I love professions.
Now, why am I a skinner and a miner, instead of a leatherwork or alchemist or Jewelcrafter?
1. Gold.
2. ???

Yeah, that's about it. I can take Borean leather, and have a Leatherworker turn it into Heavy Borean leather and turn around and make a profit.
That's handy. I can also use part of the Heavy Borean leather and have him make me something good.

Now you might ask, what stuff are you farming for that they can make?
here is my short list:
Giantmaim Bracers
Giantmaim Legguards
Those are for PVE type activities.
And for PVP I would like to start out with the swiftarrow set.
Swiftarrow Belt
Swiftarrow Boots
Swiftarrow Bracers
Swiftarrow Gauntlets
Swiftarrow Hauberk
Swiftarrow Helm
Swiftarrow Leggings
Swiftarrow Shoulderguards

Mats look preatty easy to pick up for these actually.
I like the look of the female orc, so here is what all the swiftarrow looks like on one.
All of those are BOE so all you need is to find a Leatherwork(LW) to make them for you. My one rule is to always tip alot, maybe 10g per item made for the LW who makes them for me.
And I can always find a LW to combine things for me.
You have to keep in mind that someone who spends all his time and gold leveling up a tradeskill does it for many reasons.
1. They like to make gear for themselves
2. They like to make it for other people
3. They would like to profit from making it for other people.
4. Its something to do while you are sitting in town waiting for a battleground, dungeon, raid, or the like, and fishing is too boring.

When you don't tip your LW for making something, I personally feel like you are telling them, I take you for granted.
And that doesn't bode well for me.
A few nights ago, I had a LW make me two pieces of gear, and he fronted 7 of the Heavy Borean Leathers for free. I thought that was just awesome. He was able to get a skill up and I received the gear that I wanted.
I still tipped him though, cause I appreciated his time.

Now, here is a wowhead comparison of all that.

No comments:

My Blog List